Nov 13, 2012

Some Fun Christmas Pillows


 A few weeks ago, I needed a specific fabric, and some red ribbon, so off to fabricland I headed.  As soon as I walked in the door, I was confronted with this fabric...

 And loved it right off.  So, of course, even though I had no idea what I would do with it, I bought some and some in red, too.  So, did I get the other fabric I needed?  Well.... no, but I did remember the red ribbon!
Yesterday, I was in a creative mood, so, I whipped up a couple pillow covers out of it. 



The christmas theme is subtle, which I like, because it means I can put them out sooner!

And then, inspired by this pillow here, I whipped up another cover last night. 
There's no Silhouette in my craft room, so I did up the letters the old fashioned way with freezer paper.
The word "vintage"  I printed directly onto a piece of muslin.  To do this, I iron a piece of muslin onto a piece of freezer paper, then shoot it through my inkjet printer.  You have to be careful it doesn't jam, though.  And... shhh... don't tell anyone, but I just glued the muslin piece on.  I'm not planning on washing it, so it shouldn't be a problem.
What kind of a Christmas are you dreaming of?  The word vintage could easily be substituted. 
Sorry for the lack of posts lately.  Last week was spent up at my parents' place so my husband could test out his deer hunting skills.  I've got a few christmas projects on the go, including a great advent calendar.  And I should have a few furniture makeovers to share with you soon, too. 

20 comments:

  1. Oooooooh love the I'm dreaming of Christmas one. Gorgeous! I can't believe you did it with freezer paper. =)

    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pillows! Hmmmm hoping for only a little light snow nothing big.I am not a winter person at all LOL!
    xx
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pillows--I have never done special for Christmas pillows but you are inspiring me to want some! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pillows and the fabric, I never see this kind of fabric at the fabric land here in Kamloops. Does the fabric have a lot number or name maybe they can order it for me here. I have a chair that would look gorgeous in it. I will have to try the freezer paper trick too because I can't find a sillouette machine anywhere around here. love the dreaming of a vintage christmas, very cute.
    great job

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. KRX417 R.E.D. International Textiles. Original Design exclusive to Fabricland. Hope that helps! I was surprised to see this fabric, there, too, because I haven't seen anything like it there before.

      Delete
  5. So cool! I have some pillows on my project list next week (a little different) and loved yours so wanted to have a look!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty!!
    Love the fabric and what you did with it:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the fabric with the christmas theme...works good on your pillows.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Me too! {dreaming of a vintage Christmas} ;)

    <3 Christina at I Gotta Create!
    Come {link} party with the Wildly Original Crowd.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That fabric is perfect for a subtle Christmas look - love the Papa Noel!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that subtle Christmas fabric. The last time I made pillow covers, I used fusible webbing and staples, so your gluing the Vintage label on fits in around here.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just pinned your Vintage Christmas pillow. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love these pillows!

    I have a weekend party I'd love for you to share this on:

    http://westernwarmth.blogspot.com

    Thanks!

    Bobi

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this pillow. I have a link party and would love to have you share this and any other posts. It is called Wednesday's Adorned From Above Link Party. The link to the party is
    http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/11/wednesdays-adorned-from-above-link_14.html
    I hope to see you there.
    Have a great week.
    Debi @ Adorned From Above

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this pillow, so cute! I usually just take sharpie to pillows, but your transfer method is great, thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are FABULOUS and thanks for the tips!!!! Sending holiday hugs! Hope to see you again this week! : )

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your pillows are very pretty and the vintage pillow is much better than the inspiration piece.

    ReplyDelete
  17. i love em!would love to have you stop by if you haven't already and check out my giveaway:
    http://www.hellolovelyinc.blogspot.com/2012/12/personalized-lovely-giveaway.html

    happy new week to you.

    michele

    ReplyDelete