Nov 22, 2012

Jute Webbing Christmas Ornaments and a Black Friday Sale!!

************
(Before I get too far into this post, I just wanted to mention that I'm having a Black Friday/Cyber Monday Sale over at my etsy shop, SimplyChicTreasures.  Use code BlackFriday to receive 15% off your purchase.  Valid now through Monday, November 26, 2012.)
************

I adore these simple ornaments I whipped up the other day.  I made three of them to hang on the hooks in my laundry room.  Then, last night, I made up a few more to possibly give away as gifts this year. 



They're fairly easy to do, I took a 9" strip of webbing   (You know, the stuff that you see on the bottom of chairs, etc.  I bought mine at Joann's).  folded it in half, sewed up the sides and then added my embellishments. 




I added a piece of lace to the top, a piece of torn muslin with a snowman stamped onto it and some silver jingle bells.  Everything was hotglued in place. 

I placed some greenery, berries and a candy cane inside, but you really could add whatever you wanted, or whatever you have on hand.  And if you don't have any webbing, why not use burlap?  They would be just as charming. 


I hope to share a furniture makeover with you soon.  With the colder weather and christmas crafting/decorating I haven't been doing as much painting furniture though. 

Linking to:
The Shabby Nest
Funky Junk Interiors
Classy Clutter
Coastal Charm
Southern Lovely
The 36th Avenue
The Shabby Creek Cottage
Finding Fabulous
My Repurposed Life
Five Days: Five Ways
The Cottage Market
It's So Very Cheri: Countdown to Winter

12 comments:

  1. Cynthia what a pretty ornament! I am working tomorrow so I will miss many good sales!
    xx
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are so cute and would make great utensil holders at each place setting! ~ Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute and so versatile. You could add all sorts of embellishments and use them for different holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cynthia,
    These are very cute and would make wonderful gifts. Your vintage Christmas pillow will be featured at my party on Monday...thanks for sharing it with all of us.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too cute! I love handmade ornaments.
    Thanks for sharing!
    Happy Holidays!
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would like to invite you to join me at the Clever Chicks Blog Hop this week! http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2012/11/clever-chicks-blog-hop-10.html

    I hope you can make it!
    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino
    The Chicken Chick

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute! These would be great for a class or as teacher gifts stuffed with a gift card. Thanks for sharing. I came over from Frugalicious Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Soo cute.. I loved it so much. Homemade ornaments are rocking... :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I simply LOVE this!!!! Thanks for sharing...sending hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete