Nov 16, 2012

Advent Calendar from a Printer's Drawer

This idea has been swimming around in my head ever since I purchased this printers drawer at a yard sale in the summer. 
It was fairly simply to do, all I did was print out various sizes and fonts of numbers with red ink onto cardstock.  I then cut them out and randomly fit them into the different spaces. 
For a little extra sparkle, I "diamond dusted" each number!
I also added a few little extras, some snowflakes, beads, bells, and red glitter stickers that I put onto cardstock.
There are a few ways you could work this calendar... You could write on the back a fun activity to do each day, or you could hide a candy behind each number.  I haven't done either yet, but my husband is voting for the candy, preferably chocolate!
I am right into my Christmas crafting now!  It's so fun.  Glitter and sparkles are flying every which way, the printer is humming, and the paint brush is out!  What a wonderful time of year! 



21 comments:

  1. Love this advent calendar Cynthia! I think you did such a fabulous job! Have a lovely weekend! Angie xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute!

    I have a weekend party I'd love for you to share this on:

    http://westernwarmth.blogspot.com

    Thanks!

    Bobi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really Cute, and so simple!! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! Talk about upcycling. This is darling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So adorable. Love your vintage red and aqua color scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really cute. I'd love to find a printer's drawer. I love them.

    And thanks for stopping by my blog! Yes, I couldn't believe it either, finding the Miss Mustard Seed paint right near me in Waterdown. Can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just LOVE this advent!! Such a great idea to use your printer's drawer {I would love one of those too!}

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have an extra one of these sitting in my craft room, maybe I'll make something like yours! It's so cute! Thanks, and have a great weekend! xx Holly

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is sweet, even sweeter when you add the chocolate as your hubby desires :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love, love, love it! Great way to repurpose that! Thanks for sharing at Show & Share, featuring this tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a gorgeous advent calendar, and an awesome idea! Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  12. love this- what a fun use for a printers drawer- i have one laying around!! stoping by from 5 days, 5 ways, new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have never loved something more in my life. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your advent calendar. so cute!
    gail

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great idea. I need a Plastic card printing machine. Where i can get the best one?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Saw you over at MRL! So so cute! I love that the numbers are in random order too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Simply adorable! Great job. (I love red and white together-it never gets old)

    ReplyDelete