Aug 17, 2012

A Little Bit of Basket Decor

The other day I had a bit of free time, so I tackled this basket that has been on my to-do list for a couple of weeks now. 

After a little paint and a little embellishing, I think it turned out super cute.  (Well, at least in my opinion... I'm sure there will be people out there who'll think it's super ugly.)



This is what I started with...

I painted the rim brown, and dry brushed the rest first with white paint.


I thought it needed a little somethin' more, so I brushed on some blue paint, too. Then, I added some fun fabric, a few muslin rosettes, and some of my script ribbon



The books and other junk were just for these pictures.  I will probably actually be using it to store my glitter in. 




 This was my first basket painting attempt, and it was quite fun, so there may be more in my future!From ho hum, to simply chic in only an hour, or so!




12 comments:

  1. Love how that turned out! Adorable!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cynthia. I have been scouring your blog and admiring your work. What an eye you have and a gift for making things lovely. I love your basket and if you have not yet found her, you might like to check out "the graphics fairy" she has many free transfers that remind me of the patch on your adorable basket. I am also a fellow Ontarian and noticed that you found CeCe Caldwell paint in St. Thomas. Can you tell me what store it was at? We are building and I have found a king sized ornate canopy bed that I would like to take from the reddish stain to a shabby chic white distressed look. I think it would cost me a small fortune to have somebody refinish it so I will attempt to invest my small fortune of time and love into it with a bit of fear and trepidation, but it seems that CeCe is easiest to work with from all the reading I've been doing. I would appreciate any help you could give me in finding this paint. Thanks so much ~ Michele

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought it from AnnieThingz in St. Thomas, On.

      Delete
  3. Sorry!! Just in case you need it my email is bmghent@hotmail.com. Thanks again:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think painting it is an excellent idea~

    Stopped in from Southern Lovely's Show and Tell.

    thriftshopcommando.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful! I hope you share it at our link party this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Turned out so much prettier! So feminine, very beautiful.
    Saw you sharing at Transformation Thursdays
    Debbie :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's gorgeous!!! Love how it turned out. Hope you have a great weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. For the life of me, I cannot remember how I found your blog yesterday, but I am crazy about it! I checked out your Etsy shop, as well. I am a new fan =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with you, it's super cute:)
    I love the script ribbon, did you make it?
    Me too, I just checked you Etsy shop, it's a candy store for vintage, handmade loving girls like us!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I simply LOVE this basket!!! You are surely so creative : ) hugs...

    ReplyDelete