Jul 1, 2012

Simple Way to Display Old Clothespins and Happy Canada Day

My sister-in-law was sweet enough to recently gift me with a couple of old canning jars.  And me being me couldn't just leave them alone, now could I? 


Now I recently shared with you a scary picture of our back/utility/laundry room.  This project will take up residence in there shortly.  You can see our new walls in the background of these pictures :)

I had these old clothespins that I had gotten for free at a yard sale last summer.  I have been waiting for just the right project to do with them, but for now, they will take up residence inside this old jar.

I wrapped the lid with twine... this is actually my first 'twine wrapping' experience... I've loved the look for a while, but this is my first project incorporating it. 


And then, to complete the look, I hung a clay tag around the neck.  So fun and simple, and just what those old pegs were calling for.



This is an Improved Gem Jar... and it was proudly MADE IN CANADA! 

 HAPPY CANADA DAY!

Thanks for the jars Victoria!


2 comments:

  1. Happy Canada day! Love this jar and clothes pins.Enjoy your day.
    ((((Hugs)))
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute project! Happy Canada Day!!! ~ Maureen

    ReplyDelete