Jul 10, 2012

Ruffled Curtain (Another Laundry Room Sneak Peek)

So, last week, one of my projects was to make a new curtain for the back door.  If the hot afternoon sun didn't pour in there, I might not have bothered, but since it does, I did. (Hope that makes sense to you, but that's how I think).

I had some curtains up there already, but since we were redoing other parts of the room, I thought they deserved to be redone too.  However, the old ones were in great condition, and I still didn't mind them, so I felt guilty going out and buying new fabric to make more.  So, I came up with this, which used up some of my scrap burlap and the muslin, I already had on hand, too.  Update: Tutorial can be found here.


Ruffles, muslin, burlap and lace to tie it all up.  How can you go wrong with that combination?


Here's a pic of it untied to block the light.  And it is blocking the light in this picture, but it is the only window in this room, so sorry that it's a bit dark.


The room is almost done.  I still have to paint trim, and my husband still has to put trim around the electrical panel. But this week, he is studying for an important exam, so it will be at least a week until he can finish that up for me. 

Even so, it is so much more refreshing to go out there now.  To see a pic of where we started, you can click here.

Update: TUTORIAL CAN BE FOUND HERE.

Linking to:
Southern Lovely: Show & Share
Shabby Creek Cottage: Transformation Thursday 
My Repurposed Life: Catch as Catch Can
The 36th Avenue: Show Me Extraordinary
The Shabby Nest: Frugal Friday 
Five Days: Five Ways 
Tatertots & Jello: Weekend WrapUp Party 
Funky Junk Interiors: Saturday Night Special 
Gingerbread 
Freckled Laundry 
Classy Clutter 
My 1929 Charmer
Coastal Charm: Nifty Thrifty Tuesday

25 comments:

  1. Cynthia,
    LOVE those curtains! I can't wait to see the reveal.
    ((Hugs))
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so beautiful. Would love a tute on how to DIY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my those are sooo cute! I love the combination of the muslin and burlap, just divine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those curtains!! Did you start with a flat piece and sew the ruffles onto it? What a great combination of fabrics. The colors and textures work perfectly together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I did, I see another reader was asking for a tutorial, so hopefully I can get some instructions together in the next few days.

      Delete
  5. Cute! I really liked the dresser in your last post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness!! I love burlap and muslin - great combo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Burlap and muslin, two of my fave fabrics. Looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That turned out super cute! Love the two tones of the different fabrics showing off the ruffles!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like these very much ! What a creative idea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love burlap... love ruffles...love the curtains:D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your little ruffled curtain, I recently made one for my back door that is very similar!

    Tania

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loving your ruffled curtain, haven't made one yet, but I will someday once the bathroom gets redone! Nothing goes better than muslin and burlap, just meant to be together. And they were meant to be it his laundry room. So glad you shared your creative inspiration with Sunday's Best!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love it! No way can you go wrong with this combination. It's fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. L-O-ve it! I'm new here and will be back :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very pretty, Cynthia! Great texture. Thank you for sharing with air your laundry friday! xo Jami

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG Love this! Tutorial tutorial please!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is SO CUTE!!! I just found you blog through the Freckled Laundry Textile linky party, and I just became your newest follwer, yay! Would so appreciate if you would reciprocate and follow back! Thanks a bunch!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is soooo cute! I love burlap. It reminds me of my little Christmas trees I made last Christmas. Made with burlap and linen ruffles. I found your blog just by chance by accidentally touching my iPad and off it went, so glad it did. I'll be a new follower. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  19. did you do a tutorial for these curtains? I am not a huge sewer but would really love to make some of these and need help :)

    ReplyDelete