So, last week, one of my projects was to make a new curtain for the back door. If the hot afternoon sun didn't pour in there, I might not have bothered, but since it does, I did. (Hope that makes sense to you, but that's how I think).
I had some curtains up there already, but since we were redoing other parts of the room, I thought they deserved to be redone too. However, the old ones were in great condition, and I still didn't mind them, so I felt guilty going out and buying new fabric to make more. So, I came up with this, which used up some of my scrap burlap and the muslin, I already had on hand, too. Update: Tutorial can be found here.
Ruffles, muslin, burlap and lace to tie it all up. How can you go wrong with that combination?
Here's a pic of it untied to block the light. And it is blocking the light in this picture, but it is the only window in this room, so sorry that it's a bit dark.
The room is almost done. I still have to paint trim, and my husband still has to put trim around the electrical panel. But this week, he is studying for an important exam, so it will be at least a week until he can finish that up for me.
Even so, it is so much more refreshing to go out there now. To see a pic of where we started, you can click here.
Update: TUTORIAL CAN BE FOUND HERE.
Southern Lovely: Show & Share
Shabby Creek Cottage: Transformation Thursday
My Repurposed Life: Catch as Catch Can
The 36th Avenue: Show Me Extraordinary
The Shabby Nest: Frugal Friday
Five Days: Five Ways
Tatertots & Jello: Weekend WrapUp Party
Funky Junk Interiors: Saturday Night Special
My 1929 Charmer
Coastal Charm: Nifty Thrifty Tuesday