Jul 12, 2012

Pink & White French Provincial Dresser

So, lest you think that I pick up all my pieces at yard sales and auctions... I'm not going to tell you where this found one was found... okay, okay, it was at a yard sale... but this time not down the street, but in a whole 'nother town, ten minutes away.


I have been wanting to paint something pink for quite a while now... and finally gave in to temptation on this piece, as it was just begging for something girly.  I mixed the pink up myself.  It is a combination of a light pink that I used in my bathroom and dark pink mistint that I picked up.  I have to say that it is just the colour I was hoping for, too. 

Pink has always been one of my favorite colours... you can often find me wearing at least one item of pink. 

I sanded and primed the whole dresser first.  Then added the pink and white paint.  I find that the angled purdy brushes are really great for cutting in when you are working with two different colours. I did have to touch it up a teensy bit at the end, but not that much.   I didn't distress this one, but left it fresh and clean looking. 


I lined the drawers with some vintage wallpaper that I have been saving for a girly piece. 



And for those who are curious... here is it what it looked like when I brought it home.  I don't know why people like those ugly plastic handles...This isn't even the first piece I've been bought that's been sporting them. 

29 comments:

  1. Pretty color!Love the two tone!I love that pretty paper drawer liner too!
    (((Hugs)))
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pink! The 2 tone is great. Why would anyone put on those ugly handles?? The new handles are a big improvement. Really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful colours. And the paper inside is perfect for it. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How Pretty! The hardware you chose is just perfect for her. I love the wallpaper lined drawers! Thank you so much for linking this up to Rustic Restorations Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love how girly it looks. It would look perfect in my guest room

      Delete
  5. I love, love, love this! I'm hosting a linky party "One Creative Weekend" at OneCreativeMommy.com. I'd love for you to visit and link up this idea and/or anything else you'd like to share.

    ReplyDelete
  6. so very pretty! I love the color and the addition of the paper! :)
    gail

    ReplyDelete
  7. did you glue down the wallpaper in the drawers? So pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tacked it down in the corners with glue.. enough to hold it, but not enough to make it permanent.

      Delete
  8. Looks pretty! What paint did you use (pink)? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How can I pin this???

    ReplyDelete
  10. The lining on the inside is so cute! The whole thing looks great! I'm a new follower and would love if you followed me www.iheartpears.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow that turned out so pretty! I so love the vintage wallpaper you used... too too pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice~love the wallpaper you added inside the drawers and the handles!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So sweet! I love the wallpaper in the drawers; such a nice finishing touch! Nicely done! I'd love for you to share it here:
    http://oneartmama.blogspot.com/2012/07/shine-on-fridays-36-and-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. It looks beautiful now, and the drawer lining makes it perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Simply perfect! Thank you for sharing. Visiting from My 1929 Charmer. Would love it if you would share this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House tomorrow. http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com Wishing you a grand evening. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very feminine looking! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this makeover dresser. So dainty and pretty in pink! You did a fantastic job. I just finished a chalk paint dresser and now I'm working on finishing lining the drawers. :-)

    *Stopping by from tatertots&jello*

    www.artisticexpressionsbyelisabeth.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this chest! I really like how you painted the handles pink it really sets them off. I would love for you to share this at my new party "Totally Transformed Tuesday" @ http://pjhdesignsoneofakind.blogspot.com Have a great day. Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  19. what a sweet dresser just perfect for a princess!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This dresser is gorgeous!! I adore the pink colour!! You did an amazing job on it. I hope you have a wonderful day:)

    ReplyDelete
  21. so very sweet! i simply adore it!!! : ) applause and appaws for a job well done! : ) hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi,
    I just found this and LOVE it. I got a dresser for my twins for free and want to do something like this! Where did you get the handles?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Emily, I'm sorry, but I don't remember where I bought the handles. It may have been Canadian Tire, or it may have been the Habitat Restore. They may have something similar at Home Depot, though. I do remember that I spray painted them pink to match. I think they were originally a brassy colour.

      Delete