Jun 17, 2012

A Quick Chair Before and After

Well, it's been a little while since my last post.  My husband and I celebrated our 4th anniversary, and then my mom came and stayed with us for a few days this past week.  When my dad came and picked her up, he helped us with a project that hopefully I will be able to share in a few weeks.

Here is a little chair makeover that I completed a few weeks ago.  Again, it was purchased at another yard sale down the street from our house. 



It's a cutie!  Sometimes I like to prime things in white so that when I distress them, you get the wood showing through, plus the white for more variety. 


The fabric was purchased at Hobby Lobby in the States.  I'm lucky in that my husband actually enjoys looking around in that store as much as me!


 I had to break out a little craft brush to get paint into the cutouts. 

And, here is the before...

Linking To:
Coastal Charm: Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
Here's To Handy Andy 
Primitive & Proper: POWW
Domestically Speaking: Power of Paint
Southern Lovely: Show & Share
The Dedicated House
The Shabby Chic Cottage: Transformation Thursday
Miss Mustard Seed: Furniture Feature Friday
The Shabby Nest: Frugal Friday
Chic on a Shoestring 
Finding Fabulous: Frugalicious Friday 
Tatertots & Jello: Weekend Wrap-Up 
Funky Junk Interiors: Saturday Night Special  
My 1929 Charmer: Sunday's Best 

17 comments:

  1. Beautiful chair! I love that color and fabric! I would love for you to link up to our Pinteresting Party this week! http://herestohandyandy.blogspot.com/2012/06/pinteresting-link-party-week-44.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the chair--the new color is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great makeover - love the color and fabric you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been looking for inexpensive chairs for our dining room, and would love to do something like this! I love the color you chose, and the fabric is a perfect match--so pretty. I have a chair that I am redoing right now for a makeup vanity that my husband just made for me out of an old desk that someone was throwing away--it's beautiful now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so cute! love he color and the detail on the chair back is too cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Cynthia,

    I really like the redo, especially the color you chose.

    Lynnie

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a darling chair! You did a wonderful job. Visiting from Southern Lovely. Would love it if you shared this post at my Make it Pretty Monday link party @TheDedicatedHouse. http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com/2012/06/make-it-pretty-monday-week-2.html Wishing you a grand day! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great chair and such a pretty redo!
    Would love if you stopped by my linky party to link it up!
    Stacey of Embracing Change
    http://staceyembracingchange.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job! It looks lovely!
    Thanks for sharing at our Pinteresting Party.

    Have you heard about our Craftastic Competition? I'd love for you to enter in it! Lots of prizes to be won too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The fabric and paint colour are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the fabric and paint color together!! Such a fun redo! I am following now : )

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Cynthia,
    I love the new look of your up recycled chair. Nice Work.
    Smiles, Paula

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great redo ~ love the paint color and fabric! What color paint did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Too cute! Turquoise is my favorite color so I was immediately drawn to this!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is a great job :)
    HAPPY MIDSUMMER
    and do not miss....

    M
    I
    D
    S
    U
    M
    M
    E
    R

    P
    A
    R
    T
    Y

    it is FUN :)
    WELCOME
    Håkan ( The Roseman)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can't believe it is the same chair by looking at the before picture! I wonder what the original owners would think now? Adding that extra bit of white underneath really makes the distressing look cool! Really great job on this!

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete