Mar 16, 2012

My Lucy Maud Montgomery Find!

Sorry no furniture reveals today!  Today I wanted to talk about one of my recent finds. 

One of the things that I collect is vintage Lucy Maud Montgomery books.  I only have about 7 or 8 in my collection and sometimes sneak them into my blog via staging....
The top one in the above picture is an antique store find.

[DSCF0268.JPG]
And... they're even in my profile picture.  The top two in the above pic are Montgomery books.
So, You can imagine my delight when I saw this book on display at a thrift store!

It was priced at $10.00.  I will be revealing a bit of my... ummm... economical... nature here when I say that I hesitated when I saw the price.  But... it had it`s original dust jacket, and I suspected that it was a first edition, so I went ahead and purchased it.  And when I researched it on the internet when I got home, let`s just say that I was pleasantly surprised by my 10.00 investment!

This tattered and faded 1920 copy of Rilla of Ingleside is one of my favorites since it belonged to my great-grandmother. 

Do you collect old books?

And... I know I said no furniture... but here's a sneak peak of what I've been working on this week...

11 comments:

  1. I grew up reading & loving Anne ofgreen gables!
    When I went to PEI, I visited the house and walked down the lover's lane.....
    I also like to collect vintage books as well.

    I'm looking forward to your furniture reveal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not collect books of any type. I do however have a huge collection of books that I mean to read and never seem to get around to them. I instead go to the library and get newer books to read....need to have a yard sale. I may just have to read one by your author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I meant to tell you my stepdaughter played Annie of Green Gable In high school.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what lovely treasures!! i love all books..but old books are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's cool that you collect those books, It's nice to get to know you a little better :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how fabulous!!! I adore books and the older the better! I'm jealous :P

    Enjoy your treasures & your weekend!

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. The title of your post caught my attention because my maiden name is Montgomery. I always love seeing this author because of that, as well as my dad's first initial is L.

    Thanks for sharing your great find!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not familiar with this author but I love collecting vintage books, especially school books. I have several displayed on an old ladder in my living room and especially enjoy when they have writing in them from the children who used them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love old books, new books, any books! Anne of Green Gables is one of my daughter's favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've always been a big L.M. Montgomery fan and have several of the vintage books passed down through the family. Your find, with the dust jacket, is exceptional! ~ Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love books to begin with, Cynthia, so I am loving your books! I should really look into the L.M. Montgomery books. I recall the name and I did read Anne of Green Gables when I was a young girl. I'm sure I must have read some of the others, but I can't remember. Since we moved to Ohio and I have an opportunity to visit antique malls, I've been checking out all the old books I come across. A couple of months ago I got a great copy of Alice in Wonderland in excellent condition. I was thrilled!

    ReplyDelete