Jan 27, 2012

Pallet Sign

I have seen a few pallet signs around blogland lately, and really liked the rusticness of the idea.  So, I asked my husband if he would cut a few pallets for me.  Since he works a lot of hours, he never really got around to it.   And then... inspiration struck!  

Remember this chair?

 Well... This next picture was Take One, which didn't pan out.  But... we kept the pallet seat we made for it!  By this point, you probably know what I am getting at, don't you! :-)

So the other night I went in search of this seat and traced a bible verse on it.  Then, I painstakingly filled in each letter with cream craft paint.  This part took a lot longer than I was expecting!
(As you can see, at this point, it was still in the shape of a chair seat!)


And a close up to prove there's actually writing on there!  I ended up having to use a white pencil crayon... a regular pencil didn't show up.


Et Voila! Le produit fini!
(The next day, my husband trimmed it into a rectangle for me, so it would sit straight.)


It's by no means perfect, which, I think is part of it's charm!

See you soon!



Linking to:







Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special

Sunday's Best Linky Party!
















Photobucket








The 36th Avenue


Photobucket
Photobucket
The Shabby Nest



Making Lemonade

Chic on a Shoestring Decorating

26 comments:

  1. Congrats you have been awarded the Liebster award...http://www.bleak2unique.com/2012/01/blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute!! I am following you from the award that Lori posted! I got one too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Cynthia! I've been trying to leave you a comment on this sign for a couple of days now... Hopefully this will work... I LOVE your sign! You used an awesome scripture. It was well worth your hard work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! What an inspiring message you put on your sign.

    ♥Linsey

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job, Cynthia! I love the scripture you chose, too. ♥ I've made some large pallet signs and know how time consuming painting all those can be! lol! But it's so worth the effort and time!!! :)

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like it a lot. And I keep saying I need something with that verse in my house. You did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE it!! Just recently acquired my first set of found pallets...a sign is on my list! And I love this verse. I went to a small Christian college and this verse is known as the "ACU verse"...we even have a beautiful song with the verse in it. This totally made me smile when I saw your project!! Thanks for posting!
    {HUGS},
    kristi

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great ideas to use pallets to make the sign. We have a pallet handing out in our backyard, but hubs is fighting me to use it. I love the verse you used, it is a great verse to ready every morning. Thanks for sharing you creative inspiration with Sunday's Best Par.tay!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful! Very well done!:D

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh my...what a creative idea! I love the quote you chose too! I hope you will link up with me here:
    http://www.thegingerbreadblog.com/2012/01/sweet-saturday-link-party-v24.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it! I'm a little obsessed with pallets! great job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. great verse!!! what a great way to repurpose!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful! God's word lights a home. I'm a follower too, so stop by anytime, Lori

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is just beautiful, Cynthia! What a great way to artistically bring Scripture into your home! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Visiting from The Shabby Creek Cottage. Cute sign--great verse!

    Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cynthia,

    I love your sign! You did a wonderful job. I too, think it's perfectly charming.
    gail

    ReplyDelete
  17. My favourite Bible verse! I recently did a painting with the same verse on it:) I love the pallet idea too. So glad I stopped by. I have to make one now! God bless x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stumbled upon your great blog and just wanted to leave a comment to invite you to visit my blog and enter my GIVEAWAY! Hope to see you soon =)
    Just Tututiny

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great idea.Thanx to share with us fabulous idea.It really wonderful.This slogan are really wonderful.

    words and music

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh! I SO like your pallet sign! Numbers 6: 24-25 has always been my favorite Bible verse and you did it well.

    ReplyDelete
  21. One smart cookie you are... you reused a reused pallet!

    ~Bliss~

    ReplyDelete
  22. Clever... now that's really turning lemons into lemonade! (and you KNOW that's my thing, haha!) Thanks for linking up to Refresh Your Nest Friday over at Making Lemonade!

    ReplyDelete