Dec 8, 2011

Two Simple Frame Ideas

Tonight, I want to share with you two VERY simple Christmas decor ideas using frames.  
I purchased this frame at a yard sale for $1.00, painted it white and added chicken wire and a few decorations.  It usually hangs in my hallway.


However, I wanted to switch it up for Christmas.  So, this is what I came up with...


I had purchased two of these metal stars at another yard sale this summer for .25 a piece.  This one was green, which is totally not my colour, so all I did was glue a bunch of random pieces of music to it.  And voila!  I tied it onto the frame with a piece a of white thread, and now it's a beautiful Christmas star!


This next frame was purchased at an auction.  It came with a mirror, which you can see here, as well as another really ugly frame that I have done nothing with as of yet... it's been almost a year... I should probably just chuck the thing out!


Anyways...Until lately, I have had this one hanging with some black and white photos clipped to it.  Then, I found this piece of christmas music.  I have absolutely no idea where it came from or where I got it.  I usually can tell you the exact who, where, what, when, why and how much $ of almost anything in my house!  But... this little piece of music...absolutely NO IDEA! It just appeared ;-) It musta come from somewhere...

I love the frame and I love the carol, and they fit together beautifully over my piano. 



Linking to:
Sew Woodsy
The Shabby Nest




Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special




shabby creek cottage

6 comments:

  1. lovely frame. Goes perfect with the sheet music. Why is sheet music so so pretty?

    megan
    craftycpa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a neat idea. One basic project that can be altered for the seasons! Fabulous!
    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the chicken coop frame, I have so many frames, I think i'm gonna try it! Thanks for a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your frame ideas! Sheet music is one of my favorite items to use and I really like how you have it hung in a frame. Also, LOVE your tree skirt in a previous post! Thanks so much for visiting my blog. Have a great evening.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one is seriously looking one of the most heart touching artwork. The regarding features shows the magnificent frame work in the same source. The existing looks of them are really looking classy. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have almost the EXACT same frame (the second, oval one). I turned it into a hairbow holder. Haven't been able to find another like it since, so nice to see yours!

    Thanks for linking to Refresh Your Nest Friday, hope you join us again tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete