Nov 22, 2011

Coffee Table Completed!

Well, I got busy last week, and worked on that duncan phyfe style coffee table that I posted a sneak peak of.  Oh to have nice weather again!  I love the look of snow and can't imagine Christmas without it, but I can certainly do without the cold temperatures that come with it! I managed to paint all but the last coat outside, but had to retreat indoors for the final one.  I have a huge piece of cardboard from when we bought our freezer that I lay on the kitchen floor to protect it.

Here is a before pic:
I already had the top mostly sanded down before I remembered to take a picture. This table actually has a piece of glass that goes with it to protect the top, but the finish on the top was horrible! Not sure how that happened?  I guess they didn't like to use the glass... either that or they got the glass after they realized what a mess they were making of the top!

This was an auction find.  That seems to be where I find a lot of my pieces to redo.  Not sure if I should admit this, or not, but a common question people ask me is "So, been to any good auction sales lately?" 

I had recently bought the table shown below and when I saw this coffee table I realized how nicely they would go together.


I have been researching wood grains online, and I think it is mahogany, but I wish my dad lived close, so he could help me figure it out!


Now, hopefully someone loves it as much as I do!  I have another chair competed that I will be posting about soon, too!



Linking to:
Domestically Speaking: Power of Paint Party. 

shabby creek cottage
The Shabby Nest
Chic on a Shoestring Decorating






Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special





Making Lemonade

10 comments:

  1. i love the fresh white base and the dark top, cynthia! it looks beautiful! classic with a twist. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your table is darling it turned out so good and matches the other table well.Have a good Thanksgiving. Trish

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm ready to do over a similar table. Glad to see you kept the little brass feet unfinished. Good job overall. (I forget about those before pictures, too.) Jo @ Let's Face the Music

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks fantastic! I've just finished a dining table with identical legs to your coffee table. I'd love it if you'd link up to my party at www.megandmums.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have that same coffee table in our living room that we bought from Craigslist. I never knew what style it was, so I'm glad to know that it is Duncan Phyfe. I like the painted legs, but like it all wood too like we have.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks beautiful! So glad you linked up with us!

    Marie
    mylilpinkpocket.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the contrast! Perfect timing b/c I wanted to do a table like that, but wasn't sure. Now it's a no brainer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute tables...love the two tones :)

    Visiting from Refresh Your Nest linky party at Making Lemonade's blog.

    Smiles,
    Suzanne in NW Illinois

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with the others, that dark top/light legs looks great. Thanks for linking up to Refresh Your Nest Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow I like your canter table. Its color, pattern is so beautiful. And also Its very nicely decorate.

    ReplyDelete