Sep 14, 2011

My Fuzzy Love Chair

A couple of weeks ago I bought this chair at a yard sale.

 Then that night while eating dinner with my husband, I burst out laughing for no apparent reason.  He looked at me a little weird, so I had to tell him the following story:



My Grandma plays the organ.  My Dad plays the organ.  I play the organ.  When I was younger, my dad had the opportunity to buy his organ teacher's organ when she was downsizing.  That led him to sell the current organ that he owned.  So, in the days before Craigslist and Kijiji, he place a good old classified ad.  And sold the organ to a guy in a 1970s style band called Fuzzy Love.   We still occasionally laugh about that name. 

Anyways... what does that have to do with this chair?  Well, the fabric on it was straight out of the 70's... and it was extremely... well... fuzzy (and extremely gross, but that's besides the point).  So somehow in my mind, I managed to connect the two things... and this chair is now entitled My Fuzzy Love Chair!.. lol

But after a few coats of white paint, it is all cleaned up and soo pretty!
I used the same fabric as another chair I redid.  You can see that post here.

Here's a couple more pictures:

I lightly sanded around the edges, and then finished it off with a coat of Minwax paste wax.  I purchased the fabric at Fabricland.

And... I still kind of giggle everytime I look at it... he he...


Linking to:
Photobucket
Anything Related

























Domestically Speaking



Transformation Thursday







Photobucket








36th Avenue


Furniture Feature Fridays
The Shabby Nest






Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special

12 comments:

  1. Good story for a good laugh and pretty good job on the chair. Trish

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving your comment:D I appreciate each and every one of them! You chair turned out really cute.....and the fabric is right up my alley:D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny story...great makeover on the chair!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so cute! Well done!! I think that's a cool band name, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny story. I LOVE the fabric you chose! Really cute makeover. Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful chair! I love the lines! Thanks for linking to Wicked Awesome Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your chair, too! The colors are light and airy. Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute! I love that color! I'd love to have you link up at my new linky party -

    Creative Genius @ http://www.thecreativepaige.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice job - love the colours too, such a pretty fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your post made me giggle! :)
    very nice chair my dear!
    gail

    ReplyDelete