This is what it looked like when we picked it up:
I gave it a couple of coats of primer, and a couple of coats of white paint. Then I decided that it wanted to be distressed. The hardware received a coat of oil rubbed bronze spray paint from Rustoleum. This is the first time I have used that paint, and I really like how it turned out- it was a very nice finish.
The drawers have a vintage newspaper printed in them:
I think it turned out really cute, and that it is a definite improvement. I usually try to shy away from pieces with horrible smells, but the lady who I bought this desk from stored candles and scented oils in it. It actually smelled kind of pretty!
Transformation Thursday @ the Shabby Creek Cottage