Jul 23, 2011

Jewel Jar Idea

This is a pretty little Jewel Jar that I decorated yesterday.  I thought it turned out kinda pretty and decided  I would share it with you. 

The label is off of the Graphics Fairy.  I printed it out, then tea stained it... had to make it look old you know.  I teared the edges to give it a bit of a worn look.

Added a little pink sparkle to the bottom, then tied it on with ribbons and lace... and a bit of authentically vintage rickrack :)

Don't the words "Jewel Jar" sound so pretty?  So much nicer than... old canning jar!

I couldn't resist snapping this picture of a little depression sherbet dish I love...
I visited a few thrift stores yesterday afternoon and yard sales this morning. I scored some awesome finds, that I will probably post about soon, so stay tuned.... but for now, here's a sneak peak.  Betcha can't guess what it is? 

Linking to:

Anything Related

The Shabby Nest
The Graphics Fairy

7 comments:

  1. Is it a tool box? Cute job on the jar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Score! I love garage sales finds, looks like you found some good ones :)

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Way to turn something ordinary into extraordinary! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable! Love that label you used! Coming over from the Graphics Fairy and your newest follower!

    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your jar...vintage beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that! I love Graphics Fairy too. I'm so glad you showed me this; it's definitely the direction I was thinking of without really knowing for sure what I was thinking...if that makes any sense. Thanks for visiting me and sharing this great inspiration. :)

    ReplyDelete