Jun 16, 2011

Pine Dresser Makeover



Remember the dresser that I talked about in my Yard Sale Finds post last week?  If not, here's a few refresher pictures...

It was in pretty decent shape and had nice lines.  The finish was just kind of gross, and it also needed all new drawer stops.

For a while now, I have been admiring furniture that with unpainted tops and I thought this would be the perfect piece to try the look out on.

So, I sanded down the top and restained it with a dark walnut stain.  I used Varathane brand.   It didn't turn out as a dark as I thought that it would, but still I was happy with the end result.

I then painted the rest of the dresser white and added brushed silver knobs to replace the ugly wooden ones that it came with.

Here it is all prettied up:
Like the rose picture?  It was courtesy of my brother Nathan.  He just graduated from the photography program at Georgian College in Barrie, ON.  Check out his website, Masters Imaging for more great photography.

Linking to:

Furniture Feature Fridays
The Shabby Nest
Photobucket





Domestically Speaking










HOG









Transformation Thursday

19 comments:

  1. This turned out beautifully! Sometimes I have had trouble with walnut stain on pine looking dull...I may have to switch brands; I love yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job Cynthia. It looks really good! Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cynthia,
    I really like out this turned out. Super job!!
    Aunt Barb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cynthia, great makeover! I love that you stained the top. Make sure she makes it to all the blog parties this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the sweet shape and the wood top! great makeover!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, I love finding Canadian bloggers. I noticed 'Barrie' (we have family there) and my nephew is going to Georgian next year.

    Love the dresser makeover. I love wood tops too and it looks great with the fresh paint.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I think it turned out wonderful! Great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous update! You really gave this chest of drawers new life! Thank you for linking to Handy Man, Crafty Woman Wicked Awesome Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A masterpiece!! Seriously -- there really is no way you'd ever think this looked the way it did BEFORE! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. looks amazing!! this post would be so great at my weekly blog party. I'd love it if you joined me!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice makeover. I really like the chic knobs.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The dresser looks beautiful. I love the stained top as well--wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks amazing! The stained wood top is the perfect touch!
    Found you from Shabby Nest. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW - BEAUTIFUL JOB!! I am holding off painting a huge buffet...Im not ready to commit to that project just yet!

    Thanks for popping in and commenting on my paper startburst. Cheap, quick, and easy - just my style!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great job! Love the contrast between the top and the drawers.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi, I featured you on our Wicked Awesome Wed blog party this week. Come on over and pick up an "I've been Featured" button if you'd like!

    ReplyDelete