Jun 11, 2011

An Old Door!

On my way home from the grocery store on Wednesday morning, I happened to see this on the side of the road.  So, I turned around, investigated, then shoved it into the back of my car.... I kinda had to leave the back door open... but hey, I was only a few blocks from my house... and I drove carefully.


Here is the other side:

Let's take a closer look at some of the details:

I have absolutely no idea what to do with it.  I have no place to display it in my home.  It may end up in my mother-in-law's backyard as a decoration.... we're not sure yet.  Any ideas?

4 comments:

  1. Oh Wow! I love it. You sure you have no place for it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thinking of so many things I could use it for... but our house is kinda small and I don't really have room for it :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a great find. Could you layer it behind another piece, propped up against the wall, like an end table or something? It would add a bit of architectural interest. Otherwise it would be fun on mil deck or yard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Headboard for a bed.

    ReplyDelete