May 27, 2011

End Table With Book Rack

I just finished this table yesterday... and I really like how it turned out.  This table actually traveled with us to my parents house last weekend and I put it in their yard sale... No one wanted it... I can't imagine why not?
This is what it looked like after I gave it a sanding.  Believe me, it wasn't much prettier before I took the sandpaper to it. The original finish was actually so bad, that when I would pick up the table, it would flake off and stick to my hands.

So far, I have typically played it safe and painted things white.  But I have been getting a little bit bored of that and wanted to try something different.  I had some light robin's egg blue almost a light turquoise paint left from painting my dining room and I decided to try it on this table.  After two coats of paint and some distressing, this is how it turned out:


One of my favorite parts is the book rack on the bottom:

Thanks for looking!



Linking to:






Domestically Speaking

Furniture Feature Fridays

The Shabby Nest

Anything Related

7 comments:

  1. I love how your table turned out! I painted a similar one a bright turquoise (see below), but I love the soft color and distressing on yours.

    http://birdhousefamily.blogspot.com/2010/06/turquoise-side-table.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so PreTTy! I LoVE the book rack too, heck I even LoVE the books :). Thanks for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment. I love it when I find great blogs through comments. I'm your newest follower and I can't wait to see more. Have a great week!
    fineandhandy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. adorable! i love how you staged it... it looks so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute table! Love the color.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really pretty,,,the color you chose is perfect. I just picked up one similar at the flea market today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. so stinking cute! love the color you chose, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a very similar table to this one. The only difference appears to be that mine has a drawer that swings out with the original manufacturer's tag that says "Solid Mahogany - Knoxville Tables - Table and Chair Company - Knoxville, Tenn." I love the color on yours! Mine is a side table in my library. I'd love to pick up a few more of these to place around the house. They are the perfect size!

    ReplyDelete